The watermelon diet assumes the predominance of watermelon in the daily diet. It can not be classified as useful: with prolonged use, it will lead to a vitamin deficiency, which is fraught with health problems. However, watermelon, like the melon diet, is suitable for rapid weight loss, provided that the person losing weight does not have chronic diseases and pathologies of the excretory system.
Striped berry properties
The inclusion of watermelon in the diet while maintaining proper nutrition has a positive effect on the body - this berry has a diuretic effect. Consequently, it will help to remove harmful substances. In addition, it contains useful substances, vitamins and minerals:
- calcium and potassium - necessary for the normalization of the circulatory system;
- iron is a component of hemoglobin;
- dietary fiber - helps eliminate constipation;
- magnesium - supports the work of muscles, bones and nervous tissue;
- folic acid, necessary for reproductive health;
- fructose - has a tonic effect on the cells of the body, relieves fatigue;
- pectins: improve intestinal motility;
- antioxidants - prevent premature aging of the body;
On a note! Nutritionists are very cautious about watermelon: its glycemic index is 65-70 units, which requires careful use for certain diseases, for example, diabetes mellitus.
Watermelon weight loss features
A good result of a watermelon diet is a consequence of the main properties of the berry:
- removal of harmful substances from the body,
- Weight loss due to diuretic effect.
For example, if you follow a rigid diet for 5 days, you can lose up to 5 kg. So that they do not return, or worse, so that they do not "bring" a few extra kilos, it is necessary that they get out of them correctly, gradually adding the old products to the diet.
On a note! Nutritionists do not recommend using it frequently, as, like other mono-diets, it can harm the body due to poor diet.
The watermelon diet has 2 options:
- Strict: dietary restrictions do not last more than 5 days. If observed, it is permissible to use only watermelon pulp and purified water. To determine the daily amount of food eaten, there is a formula: the body weight should be divided by 10. For example: if the body weight is 80 kg, then you should eat 8 kg of watermelon. In this case, it is recommended to adhere to the principles of fractional nutrition with an interval of 2-3 hours.
- Spread: in addition to the watermelon pulp and water, a small amount of black bread is added to the diet. This principle of nutrition is adhered to for 10 days, and then they make a smooth start on a low-calorie diet for a week. Protein-rich foods are suitable for expanding the diet: meat, eggs, dairy drinks, herbs, fruits and vegetables with a low glycemic index.
For such a diet, it is better to choose the season of berries ripening - the end of August or September. During the rest of the year, watermelons sold in stores and markets contain nitrates and pesticides. Its use can cause poisoning.
Watermelon diet: options to lose weight
Not everyone is able to maintain a diet that involves the use of only one product. Therefore, for those who doubt their abilities, it is better to choose another nutrition program, in which the alternation of allowed products and watermelon is allowed. The result will depend only on the person who is losing weight and how exactly they can adhere to the established framework.
It differs from the classic watermelon mono-diet in that it is allowed to eat, in addition to watermelon and melon, whole wheat bread, boiled fish, eggs, yogurt, kefir, vegetables and cheese. You are allowed to drink clean water, unsweetened tea. And yet, due to the rather meager diet of the watermelon and melon diet, it is not recommended to adhere to more than 9 days.
The menu should include:
- Breakfast: a slice of unleavened bread; a slice of cheese or an egg; 200-300 g of melon pulp.
- 2nd breakfast: 350 g of melon pulp.
- Lunch: 100 - 150 g of lean meat or fish; 200 g of vegetable salad or mashed potatoes; half a glass of kefir or a glass of yogurt.
- Snack: 350 g of melon pulp.
- Dinner: 150 g of boiled barley or rice; low calorie salad; 100 g of melon pulp.
The diet is contraindicated for people with increased gastric secretion, as it can aggravate gastritis or cause inflammation of the gastrointestinal mucosa. If losing weight does not like melon, you can replace it with cucumbers or apples; you get a watermelon-cucumber or watermelon-apple diet.
Watermelon protein diet
This diet option adheres to the principle of proper nutrition: it is allowed to eat boiled or stewed meat, low-fat cheese, kefir, fermented baked milk and seafood. The lack of vegetables and fruits is corrected with the consumption of a sufficient amount of watermelon pulp. In just one day, you should eat at least 2 kg of watermelon.
During the watermelon protein diet, the body is saturated with amino acids and proteins, which burn fat and restore muscle tissue. A sufficient intake of teas and clean water will remove excess fluid.
Watermelon and kefir diet
Quite a difficult option, which involves the use of only watermelon pulp and kefir up to 2. 5% fat. The combination of these products has a laxative effect, so losing weight, in addition to losing weight, will cleanse the intestines and kidneys. For the same reason, it should not be used for too long. Enough 3 days, followed by a smooth start. When dieting on fermented baked milk, they adhere to the same principles.
Watermelon and curd diet
The introduction of cottage cheese into the diet has a beneficial effect on the body: this product, in addition to the beneficial lactic acid bacteria, contains proteins, vitamins and minerals. Therefore, this option to lose weight will have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin and will help improve digestion. However, since the watermelon curd diet involves the use of only cottage cheese and watermelon pulp, it cannot be followed for more than 5 days.
Watermelon diet with black bread
The classic version of a cleansing diet: during it, the urinary system is activated. To achieve the result, you need to completely abandon any food, except for watermelons and black bread.
- the use of berry pulp during the day at the rate of 1 kg of product for every 10 kg of weight lost;
- black bread - no more than 250 g per day.
If such a diet seems too meager, then the daily consumption of black bread can be replaced with 500 g of boiled buckwheat (watermelon buckwheat diet).
The diet and menu of watermelon are selected based on the wishes of weight loss and your state of health. If the options proposed above for one reason or another do not fit, you can always find something new; there are many variations.
If you need to lose weight quickly, then a strict watermelon mono-diet is suitable. To do this, you need to eat the amount of watermelon pulp calculated by the formula per day (body weight: 10). Drinking water is not limited.
However, it should be remembered that a watermelon-only mono-diet is not suitable for people with diabetes mellitus and chronic diseases of the urinary system.
For 2 days
A strict watermelon diet will eliminate excess fluid in the body. To consolidate the result, this nutritional option (only watermelon pulp and water) can be used for 2 days, while on the second day it is allowed to drink green tea.
For 3 days
A strict watermelon mono-diet is not maintained for more than 3 days. If losing weight knows that he is not ready for such "feats", then a soft watermelon diet with a 3-day diet is suitable for him:
- Breakfast: 150 g 1% cottage cheese; 300 g of watermelon.
- 2nd breakfast: 200 g of watermelon.
- Lunch: 200 g of corn porridge in the water; 300 g of watermelon.
- Snack: 50 g 1% cottage cheese; 200 g of watermelon.
- Dinner: 150-200 g of boiled barley; 300 g of watermelon.
For 5 days
The diet menu for 3 days can be repeated in 5 days. Usually up to 5 kg of weight is needed during this time. In order not to overload the kidneys, it is recommended to consume no more than 4 kg of watermelon per day. To accelerate metabolic processes, they drink green tea.
For 14 days
For the most persistent weight loss, a prolonged watermelon diet is suitable, during which you can achieve a result of less than 10 kg per week.
Menu for 2 weeks:
- Breakfast: 300 g of watermelon; 200 g of low-fat cottage cheese.
- 2 breakfasts: a cup of unsweetened green tea or espresso; a sandwich with skim cheese or 150 g of natural yogurt.
- Lunch: 300 g of watermelon; vegetable salad; 150 g of boiled meat or fish.
- Snack: vegetable soup;
- Dinner: 300 g of watermelon.
- Dinner 2: 200 g of vegetable stew.
On a note! To achieve a good result during any diet, you need to drink at least 1. 5 liters of water per day.
On average, if you overexpose such a diet, in a week you can lose up to 5 kg of excess weight.
Therapeutic watermelon diet
In the fight against skin diseases, all methods are good: both popular and traditional. At the same time, the former complement the latter well; for example, psoriasis at first can be choked with medications and diet therapy is suitable for stable remission.
The watermelon diet for psoriasis is based on eating only watermelon and low-fat cottage cheese. At the same time, every 10 days, a single addition to the diet of a light vegetable salad is allowed.
On a note! Due to the increased load on the excretory system, the watermelon diet is contraindicated in kidney stones.
This method of cleansing the body can be difficult - not everyone can withstand the monotony of food for a long period of time. Therefore, so that such a diet does not become a stress for the body, you need to prepare for it: in 1-2 days it is recommended to completely abandon fatty and difficult to digest foods.
At the end of the course of treatment, a smooth exit follows (menu for 2 days):
- Breakfast: Oatmeal in water or a slice of black bread with cheese.
- Lunch: vegetable soup, low-fat broth, or boiled poultry.
- Dinner: vegetable salad, a slice of black bread.
You can achieve results in psoriasis treatment in 2-3 weeks. In addition to a positive effect on the condition of the skin, it also occurs:
- cleaning the body,
- excretion of salts,
- to cleanse the kidneys from the sand.
With a deterioration in health or the exacerbation of chronic diseases (due to a large load on the kidneys), watermelon therapy is stopped.
Diet exit rules
The watermelon diet is good for losing weight quickly. But since it requires serious dietary restrictions, it is important that the weight loss is not released in the first days after.
Therefore, to consolidate the result, you need a smooth exit from the watermelon diet, when familiar products are gradually introduced. They usually start with steamed and boiled food: lean meats, vegetable broths; cheese, cottage cheese, fish.
When leaving any diet, you must adhere to the rule: the more difficult it was, the longer the gentle regimen should be, otherwise you can harm the body.
The benefits and harms of watermelon experiments
The watermelon diet has its pros and cons. Its main drawback is a rather meager diet. However, it is offset by other properties of the berry:
- speed up metabolism;
- saturation of the body with minerals;
- lower cholesterol levels.
The greatest benefit of a watermelon diet will be in people with diseases:
- stagnation of bile;
Despite the advantages of this method of weight loss, the watermelon diet has contraindications:
- kidney stones;
- gastrointestinal diseases;
Characteristics of the process in an interesting position.
During pregnancy, one should not starve and resort to long mono diets. However, all pregnant women must do fast days from time to time (once a week); the body must eliminate excess fluid. A watermelon can help with this, but you should not be jealous: an increased load on the kidneys can negatively affect the condition of a woman.
On a note! It is possible to do watermelon fasting days during pregnancy only during the berry ripening season: early and long-stored varieties contain harmful substances.
During pregnancy on fasting days, it is not recommended to consume more than 2-3 kg of watermelon pulp per day. The menu is diluted with boiled black bread or buckwheat.
The watermelon monkey diet is a great way to lose weight fast. But due to the limited list of allowed products and the large load on the excretory system of the body, not everyone can use it. If you want to try it, then it is best to start with a watermelon fast day.